Living with hip pain can be incredibly painful and lead to a lowered quality of life. At Donelson Chiropractic Clinic, a Nashville, TN, chiropractor on our team is here to help you find relief from your hip pain. We may get asked questions about pain in the hip, so we decided to compile a list of frequently asked questions and their answers.
What Are Some Common Causes of Hip Pain?
There are many different causes of hip pain. Some common causes include:
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a common cause of hip pain, especially in older adults. Osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis are types of arthritis that can affect the hips.
- Bursitis: Bursitis is an inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs, called bursae, that act as cushions in the body. When these become inflamed, they can cause pain in the hips.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is an inflammation of the tendons, which are the tough, fibrous cords that connect muscles to bones. This can cause pain in the hips and other joints.
- Fractures: A hip fracture is a break in the bone. This is a serious injury that a chiropractor may be able to help you recovery from.
- Dislocation: A dislocated hip occurs when the ball portion of the hip joint pops out of its socket. This can be a very painful injury.
What Are Some Common Symptoms of Hip Pain?
The symptoms of hip pain vary depending on the cause. However, some common symptoms include:
- Pain in the hip, groin, or thigh
- Stiffness or decreased range of motion in the hip
- Swelling or tenderness in the hip
- A popping, grinding, or clicking sound when moving the hip
What Are Some Treatment Options for Hip Pain from a Chiropractor?
The best treatment option for you will depend on the cause of your hip pain. However, some common treatment options include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments can help to improve range of motion and reduce pain around the hip joint.
- Massage: Massage can help to relieve muscle tension and reduce pain and can be effective at treating bursitis and tendinitis.
A chiropractor on our team will conduct an examination to determine the cause of your hip pain and develop a treatment plan that is best for you. If you are suffering from hip pain, he will take the time to listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
Get Hip Pain Relief at Donelson Chiropractic Clinic
There's no reason to suffer from hip pain any longer. Call us at (615) 889-1941 for us at Donelson Chiropractic Clinic to schedule an appointment with a Nashville, TN, chiropractor and get relief from your hip pain.