When it comes to our health, we often take our knees for granted. We assume that this part of our body will always function as it should, until one day it doesn't. If you're experiencing knee pain, don't wait any longer to seek treatment. Chiropractic care has been proven as an effective treatment option for knee pain. Donelson Chiropractic Clinic is a reputable chiro clinic serving Nashville and the surrounding areas. We offer chiropractic care for knee pain treatment to relieve your pain and prevent it from returning.
What Causes Knee Pain?
There are many different reasons why you may be experiencing knee pain:
- Arthritis: This is a common cause of knee pain, especially as we age. Arthritis in the knees can make it difficult to walk, climb stairs, or even stand for long periods. It happens due to the wearing out of the cartilage that cushions the knee joint.
- Bursitis: An inflammation of the bursa may be the reason you have pain in your knees. The bursa is a small sac of fluid that helps reduce friction between the bones, tendons, and muscles around the joint.
- Gout: A form of arthritis, gout is caused by the buildup of uric acid in the joints. It can cause sudden, severe episodes of pain, swelling, and redness.
- Dislocation: A dislocated kneecap can cause severe pain and make it difficult to move the knee.
- Injury: An injury to the ligaments, tendons, or cartilage around the knee can cause pain. This may happen due to a sports injury, a fall, or an accident.
In addition to these causes, some lifestyle factors may also contribute to knee pain. For example, carrying extra weight can put unnecessary strain on the knees and lead to pain. Certain sports and jobs that require you to stand for long periods can also cause knee pain.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help with Knee Pain?
Chiropractic care is a drug-free, non-surgical way to treat knee pain. Our TN chiropractor can use different techniques to adjust the knee joint and reduce pain. They may also recommend exercises and stretches to help strengthen the muscles around the knee and provide support. One of the benefits of chiropractic care is that it can be customized to each individual. The treatment plan will be based on the specific cause of your knee pain, as well as your overall health and wellness goals. And being drug-free and non-surgical, chiropractic care comes with very little risk.
Visit Donelson Chiropractic Clinic in Nashville for Knee Pain Treatment Today
Knee pain can make it difficult to enjoy your life. If you're ready to find relief, contact Donelson Chiropractic Clinic in Nashville today. We offer consultations to patients, so you can learn more about how we can help you. We'll develop a customized treatment plan that suits your needs. Call (615) 889-1941 to book an appointment with our chiropractor.